Letters of Support: As part of the project application process, we are required to provide the Public Service Board with letters of support from the Shaftsbury Planning Commission, Shaftsbury Select Board and Bennington County Regional Commission. To date, I’m happy to say that all three entities have provided their support to our Phase II project!
Advance Notice: We are required to provide a 45 advance notice to the neighbors, the utility and various state agencies prior to filing net metering application documents with the state. The advance notice provides a description of the project, site plan and system design to all parties, so that they may file comments with the Board of any impact that the project may have on their interests. We have completed the advance notice filing.
Read All About It! — Article in Bennington Banner
JOIN US on November 5, 2016 from 10am to 12pm for an OPEN HOUSE at the Phase I array site, 697 Buck Hill Road, Shaftsbury, Vermont. SEE the Phase I array -- LEARN how our Phase II expansion may be an option for your home or business -- TALK with our Power Guru energy experts -- BRING your recent GMP electric bills for a free & no-obligation analysis -- MEET your friends and neighbors who are already enjoying the benefits of membership -- ENJOY cider and pastries provided by Power Guru Electric Systems!
Saturday, June 18 is Celebrate Solar Day in Vermont! As a service to our community, SCS will host an informal gathering at the NBV solar Installation, located immediately west of the North Bennington Variety Store, on VT Route 67, less than a mile west of downtown North Bennington, at the junction of VT Routes 67 and 67A. Festivities run from 10AM to 2PM.
Join us for a cool drink and a snack while you learn what's new with solar power in Vermont.
• Is community solar power a practical, realistic and responsible option for you? Come and find out!
• Take a tour of one of southern Vermont's first large group net metered solar arrays, developed by Power Guru Solar Electric Systems.
• Enjoy some very cool, very solar-powered bluegrass music from our very own Henry Osborne.
• Bonus #1: Take a ride in an electric car!
• Bonus #2: Check out the progress of the SCS array site currently under construction in nearby Shaftsbury, Vermont!
Our event is free and open to the public: spread the word and bring a friend.